David Mansfield, MD
Board Certified - Orthopaedic Surgery
- Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Residency: General Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Fellowship: Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Fellowship: Assistant Team Physician, New York Jets Professional Football Team
- Fellowship: Assistant Team Physician, New York Islanders Professional Hockey Team
- Fellowship: Assistant Team Physician, Hofstra University Athletic Program
- Fellowship: Assistant Team Physician, Hunter College Athletic Program
About Dr. Mansfield
Being an orthopedic surgeon in El Paso, TX, Dr. Mansfield is qualified to treat and diagnose injuries to the musculoskeletal system, such as the muscles, bones, joints, ligaments, and tendons. After reaching a specific medical diagnosis, Dr. Mansfield will normally turn to surgery when all other treatment options have been exhausted or eliminated. Patients may need the care and attention of an orthopedic surgeon for torn ligaments, sports injuries, fractures, sprains, sports medicine knee and shoulder injuries and reconstruction.
Dr. Mansfield is Fellowship trained in sports medicine. He has been serving as a team physician for UTEP since 2002. Additionally, he volunteers his time in the local high school, providing sideline support for the athletes and athletic trainers; also serves as a Co-Director with Dr. Luis Urrea of the longest running free Acute Athletic Injury clinic in El Paso.
Dr. Mansfield's interests include athletic injuries, knee and shoulder injuries, especially those requiring arthroscopic surgery.
A graduate of Coronado High School, Dr Mansfield and his family are proud to call El Paso home.