Luis Urrea, MD
Board Certified - Orthopaedic Surgery
- College: Trinity University, San Antonio, TX
- Graduate: University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Internship: University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Residency: University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Registrar: Norfolk Norwich National Health Trust, Norwich, England
- Fellowship: Steadman Hawkins Sports Medicine Clinic, Vail Colorado
About Dr. Urrea
Dr. Luis Urrea is a second generation physician who returned home to serve the greater El Paso area in 1996. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, has fellowship training in sports medicine, and specializes in arthroscopy, knee and shoulder reconstruction, and total knee and shoulder joint replacement.
Dr. Urrea has been in practice for 23 years and is fluent in Spanish. He has served as team physician for the UTEP Athletic Department since 1996 and collaborates with athletic trainers as the orthopaedic team consultant for many high schools. He is deeply committed to the healthcare of Texans. Through organized medicine he advocates for our patients and profession. He is a past president of the El Paso County Medical Society and serves on committees and boards of EPCMS, Border Health Caucus, Texas Medical Association, and Texas Orthopaedic Association. He is actively involved in teaching residents and medical students and promotes medicine as a career to high school and college students. The greatest joy in his life is to travel, ski, and experience life with his wife Barbara and their three wonderful children.